An easy recipe, yes, but delicious and part of this challenge all the same.
There is nothing better than a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning with a cup of coffee, snuggled in a blanket watching the day unfold in the woods. Truth. This is my life. I have created this recipe to be done two ways, cold or warm. Both scrumptious.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 3-5 min
What You Need:
1/2c pureed pumpkin
1/2c non-instant oats
4-8oz milk or milk alternative* (I use unsweetened almond milk)
Sweeter of Choice – maple syrup, stevia, mashed banana or finely chopped dates are my favorites
Any combination of Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Allspice, & Nutmeg
Toppings – walnuts, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, blueberries, or toasted almonds
What You Do:
1. Measure out the oats and spice, mix together
2. Measure out the milk and pumpkin and mix until well combined
*The less milk, the thicker it will be*
3. Combine the pumpkin milk and oats
4. Cover and forget overnight – if not then move to the next step
5. For pre-soaked oats you can simply top them and eat them like cereal or..
6. Microwave for 3 min or cook on low heat on the stovetop about 5 min for pre-soaked and 10 otherwise
7. Top and enjoy with a delicious cup of coffee and a sunrise!