This recipe is going to need tweaking and when I have more time it is going to be from scratch!
But I did attempt to make a cake using a box mix and pumpkin puree, only.
Prep Time: 10min | Bake Time: 30 min +
What You Need:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 1/4c water
15oz can pumpkin puree
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prep your cake pan
2. Combine all ingredients until well mixed
3. Pour batter into cake pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean
4. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to finish cooling
5. Frost as desired or eat as is
This cake is going to be moist and gooey, almost like a brownie consistency. I have a strange oven so it took just over an hour to finish baking. All ovens vary, watch it after 30 min and check that an insert in the middle of the cake comes out clean. This means it is done and yes it will still be fudgy. Due to how thick and decadent it is compared to other cakes, I prefer it sans frosting, but also prefer no frosting regardless. Maybe next time I will try a pumpkin whipped cream to go with it!