Do you like the recipe name? Good, because I was trying to be creative since all the recipes are turning out to have “pumpkin” be the initial word your eyes will gaze upon. Yes, I am aware this is a PUMPKIN challenge, but let’s be honest for a moment. This doesn’t mean the name of the recipe has to say it is a pumpkin recipe, but rather it can just imply it.
So here you have it a Spicy Harvest Chili. Harvest implying there is a magical fall ingredient in there, of course you already know it is pumpkin.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 1 hr
What You Need:
1# ground dark meat turkey
1.5 can pureed pumpkin
6 cloves garlic
1 can red kidney beans – no salt
1 can black, white, or pinto beans – no salt (or add more kidney)
1 can diced tomatoes – no salt
1/2c chives/green onions
1T favorite hot sauce
3c vegetable stock – no salt
Salt, pepper to taste
Chili powder, white pepper, cayenne, cumin, ginger, cinnamon to taste
What You Do
1. Mince onion, pepper, garlic and saute for 3 min
2. Add ground turkey and hot sauce, cook until done
3. In a large pot combine pumpkin, drained beans, undrained tomatoes, stock, green onions, spices
4. Mix in the turkey to the chili base and cook on a low-medium heat for 1hr, covered
5. If you would rather use a crock pot, cook on low for 4-6 hours
6. Serve alongside my jalapeño pumpkin cornbread, maybe some avocado cream sauce, fresh grated cheese and enjoy!