Cheesecake is a complicated dish to make at home. There is risk of over-baking and drying it out or under-baking and having a gooey mess. The trick with a perfect cheesecake is the water bath it must sit in to get the steamy environment it needs to not only bake at a low temperature for longer, but also prevents it from drying and cracking.
These little cheesecakes are simple and require no oven. Instead, they just get plopped into your fridge or freezer and you allow the filling to set and you can have a luscious and creamy cheesecake without an oven disaster.
Prep Time: 30 min | Bake Time: 0 min | Set Time: 3-6 hours
What You Need for Crust:
2c crushed graham crackers
What You Need for Filling:
8oz Neufchatel cheese or light cream cheese
1/2c brown sugar
1c pumpkin puree
3/4 – 9oz tub light whipped topping (I used SoDelicious Coconut Whip)
1.5T pumpkin pie spice or…
Optional : 1/4c roasted pecans and/or 1/4c mini dark chocolate chips
What You Do:
1. Prepare the crust by melting the butter and combing it with the graham crackers
2. Using muffin liners, scoop 1.5oz of graham crackers into each one (recipes makes 20) placing into a muffin pan
*I did this the first time lacking a muffin pan and it works, but use less filling because it will be heavy and push down on the liners**
3. Wrap the bottom of a cup in plastic wrap then press down on the graham crackers to make a smooth, even crust
4. Blend together cheese and sugar until smooth
5. Whisk in pumpkin puree and spices until well combined and smooth
6. Fold in the whipped topping until combined
7. If you want to add nuts or chocolate, measure out 1/2T onto graham crust
8. Scoop a large spoonful (1 – 1.5oz**) of pumpkin cheesecake mixture
9. Place in freezer for 3-5 hours or until set
10. Remove from freezer and allow to sit for 5 minutes in the fridge,before enjoying, peel off the liner when ready to eat and enjoy a sinless, tasty pumpkin treat!